David Watts Memorial Scholarship
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be eligible for admission to an institution of higher education.
- Be registered or pre-registered as a full time student.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance by maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Possess high character and demonstrate strong citizenship characteristics.
Priority will be given, but is not restricted to, high school seniors.
High School Senior/College Applicants must submit the following:
- A certified copy of your high school transcript (with seal);
- A supporting narrative by your guidance counselor;
- A list of all high school activities and accomplishments;
- A copy of Income Tax Return;
- A completed application packet.
In addition, College Applicants must ALSO submit the following;
- A supporting narrative by your advisor;
- An updated official college transcript.
The scholarship applicant will be notified if he/she will receive the scholarship prior to the Watts Reunion annual meeting at Natural Bridge State Park.
Scholarship funds will be awarded upon the receipt of proof by the college or university registrar that the recipient has registered or pre-registered as a full time student. The $1,000.00 scholarship will be paid in $500.00 increments at the beginning of each semester.
Send your completed application package to the following address:
Mrs. Cinda Sanders
113 Taylor Ave
Oakland, KY 42159
APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 30TH .
If you have any questions please call Connie Watts at 606-666-7420 or send an email to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
****Watts Reunion, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or handicapping condition. ****